This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Enterprise Steps collects personal information. It covers why Enterprise Steps collects personal information, how it’s used and how it’s kept secure. It applies to information collected about:
- Visitors to enterprisesteps.co.uk
- People who register with Enterprise Steps and access business support
- People who enquire about business support
- People who phone Enterprise Steps and make an enquiry
Enterprise Steps is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to the website and do not disclose personal data of users to third-parties.
About Enterprise StepsPart-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Enterprise Steps is a project led by Newham College with partners London South Bank University and Enterprise for London.
Enterprise Steps has developed an innovative service programme for London-based pre-start up, start-ups and established businesses to support them in growing to their full potential. Across three stages, the programme of delivery is tailored to each individual enterprise’s needs.
How information is collectedEnterprise Steps processes your personal information to meet legal and contractual obligations. Enterprise Steps will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and does not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
Google AnalyticsWhen someone visits enterprisesteps.co.uk a third party service, Google Analytics, is used to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This data provides insights as to how well our website is working and if it is useful to our clients and potential clients. This information is processed in a way which is anonymous.
RegistrationEnterprise Steps may collect personal information when you register with us and use our services. The registration process involves providing Enterprise Steps with your email address, contact details, ownership profile and employee profiles. Enterprise Steps may use this information, in accordance with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), to:
- Provide you with access to our website;
- Contact you in connection with prospective buyers, other business opportunities and other business support advice and information;
- Evaluate Enterprise Steps
- Monitor diversity and
- Target sources.
- Agents and partners: Enterprise Steps may share your information with interested Third Parties and organisations which we employ or with which we cooperate to support business improvement. These agents and partners may have access to personal information for the purposes set out in this document but may not use it for any other purpose;
- Compliance with law, fraud and risk avoidance: Enterprise Steps will release personal information where it is required or permitted to do so by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which it is subject. Enterprise Steps may in particular exchange information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- Consent: other than in the above situations Enterprise Steps will not share personal information with third parties without your consent.
EnquiriesWhen you enquire about a workshop, webinar or business support, we will ask you for some basic information relating to your name, address and level of support required. You may also be asked to provide some information about your employment status. This data is collected to help us provide you with the best possible service and to understand whether or not you qualify for the support available. At the time of requesting this information your consent to process the data will be sought.
Social mediaIf you participate in any discussion on our social media platforms, you may provide Enterprise Steps with information such as your name and address, email or phone number.
How information is storedEnterprise Steps has robust technical and organisational systems and policies in place to manage and protect your information. These measures include data encryption, restricted access rights to personal information and up to date security software to ensure confidentiality and to guard against unauthorised access, unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage and destruction.
All project information including client files will be kept until 31st December 2033.
MarketingEnterprise Steps will send information to registered clients about the range of support available to them, and other services that will support the growth of their business. If you are a registered client of Enterprise Steps, you have consented to the receipt of these communications. However, you may opt out at a later date.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email Enterprise Steps.
Access to your information and correctionYou have the right to request a copy of the information that held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to Enterprise Steps at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date, you may be contacted to confirm this information. You are also able to request a correction to this data if you so wish.
CookiesCookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Like many websites, Enterprise Steps also obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses enterprisesteps.ac.uk, or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Enterprise Steps. This information is used to provide measurement services and target advertisements.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some website features may not function as a result.
Your rightsYou have the right to access any personal information that Enterprise Steps processes about you and to request information about:
- The personal data held about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long your personal data will be stored
- If Enterprise Steps did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from Enterprise Steps and to be informed about any automated decision-making used.
If a request is received from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
- by email
- by writing to Enterprise Steps, CIPs, Newham College, High Street South, East Ham, London E6 6ER
- by phone
Lodging a complaintIf you have any queries about this privacy notice or how your personal data is processed, you can contact the Data Protection Officer by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 0208 257 4000
- Post: The Data Protection Officer, Newham College, High Street South East Ham E6 6ER
If you are not satisfied with how your personal data is processed, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner's Office website available at: www.ico.org.uk