Getting your business featured in newspapers, BBC News and trade magazines is publicity that money simply can’t buy.
This workshop covers:
- What journalists want and how the media works
- Deadlines, ‘churnalism’, how the media is changing
- Top ten tips for press releases
- Using a news hook to get the media's attention
- Ingredients or news and features
- How to take great photographs that journalists will love
- What makes a story and how to spot them in your business.
- News generator exercise: delegates identify positive news stories in their business and pitch them
The workshop is fun and full of vital information you won’t find in any marketing book or PR website. It is a mixture of presentations, discussion and practical hands-on training. Participants walk away with a simple toolkit of skills to get the best for their business out of the media.
Prepared and delivered by:
Media expert Mary Murtagh brings her award-winning journalistic eye to deliver media based workshops. Mary has years of experience training spokespeople in the private + public sector to put their best foot forward. Mary’s training can teach you how to handle hostile or controversial questions. Mary will share techniques which help you present your business, organisation or charity in the best light and cope with anything the public or even a journalist might throw at you.
Who should attend?
This workshop is suitable for pre start-ups/start-ups and growing businesses based in London. Before you can attend a workshop, you must first register with the Enterprise Steps programme.
How to attend this workshop
If you are registered with the Enterprise Steps programme and would like to attend this workshop please click the register button below. Please note:
You will be directed to a password protected Eventbrite page. All programme participants are emailed passwords weekly. This event is fully subsidised – for eligible clients only and places are limited, so book now to secure your space.